Testosterone Replacement Therapy
“The goal is to add life to years, not necessarily years to life.” Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is available at NCMC here in Niagara Falls.
Why Testosterone for men (♂TRT)
“The goal is to add life to years, not necessarily years to life.”
Androgen replacement results in optimal health, strength, and sense of wellbeing.
- Increases muscle mass, strength, endurance, and exercise tolerance, all of which improve quality of life.
- Improves libido, erectile function, and sexual performance.
- Reduces body fat, both visceral and subcutaneous.
- Lowers cholesterol and improves all lipid parameters.
- Improves lean muscle mass, bone density, skin tone, and collagen.
- Facilitates healing.
- Protects against cardiovascular disease, hypertension, and arthritis.
- Improves cognition and enhances memory.
- Protective for the cardiovascular, neurologic, musculoskeletal, vascular, and immune systems.
- Lowers insulin resistance, lowers incidence of syndrome X, and improves metabolism.
- It supports treatment for sleep apnea.
- We do not treat men with large breasts with aromatase inhibitors which leads to erectile dysfunction. Breast enlargement is due to insulin resistance that responds to testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).
- Testosterone progressive weight loss becomes evident at one year, accelerates by two years & continues> 10 y & beyond.
Who should not receive testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)?
- Patients with prostate cancer should not receive TRT.
- Men wishing to father a child biologically should not go on TRT.
What is an alternative to TRT for men wishing to start a family?
Human chorionic gonadotropin injections can achieve the same goals as TRT while maintaining fertility.
Testosterone replacement therapy for Women
Why Testosterone for women (♀TRT)?
- Improves well-being, energy, strength, and endurance.
- Improves body composition, bone density, sexual function, and clitoral sensitivity.
- Decreases in visceral fat.
- Maintains metabolism and thereby maintenance of muscle mass.
- Increases collagen and skin thickness, leading to improved skin texture.
- Decrease in wrinkles, fat deposition, and cellulite. Similar benefits to women as to men.
For More Information about any condition, or to schedule an appointment, call us at (705) 888-2658 or click the button below to contact us online